DID YOU KNOW?
- It has been estimated that about 1/3 of travelling Canadians leave the country with absolutely no medical coverage;
- This is dangerous in that statistics show that 21 % of travellers will require medical attention – 40% of these will not have coverage;
- Provincial health plans cover only about 9 % of out-of-country medical expenses;
- The average out-of-pocket cost per hospital stay in the U.S. is over $15,000 with some expenses being as high as $100,000 or more;
- Even travel in Canada can result in out-of- pocket costs for medical treatment due to the differences between provincial plans;
- Some countries (such as Cuba) and many cruise ships require proof of travel insurance. Read more
Are you planning to get away from it all? Plan to take Travel Medical Insurance with you, because one thing you don’t want to leave behind is the quality medical care and coverage you have at home.
The fact is, your provincial (territorial) health insurance plan doesn’t always cover the cost of medical emergencies when you’re out of your province (territory) or out of Canada. Travel Medical Insurance can help. Contact us today to discuss a plan that will cover you!